Friday, March 2, 2012

Milkis 밀키스 Carbonated Milk and Yoghurt Drink




Product Name: Milkis 밀키스, like a “kiss” 키스 from a “milk”..??? 우유키스... breastfeeding...^^;;

Hole in the Pocket: Php 25

First Impression: White, blue, moon and stars make for a good can. “New feeling of soda beverage”? Let’s see...

Taste buds say: Milkis doesn’t only have a “kiss” of milk... it’s probably 50% skim milk (more like a “slobber”), 30%carbon dioxide and 20% artificial sugars/flavors. Did it give me a “new feeling of soda beverage”? Mmm...er... yeah...it did give me a new feeling... a weird feeling... but nonetheless it’s still “new” compared to drinking garden variety carbonated drinks. Kudos to Lotte for thinking outside the box and coming up with this milk soda, which some people compare to vanilla ice cream + Sprite. I read that it comes in other milk fruit flavors as well, so far I haven’t seen them being sold here, but when I do you can bet your behinds that I’ll be posting a review here. Drinking Milkis made me wonder if there’s already carbonated coffee in the market...? *burp*

Reminds me of: Yakult + Sprite... it is made of yoghurt after all. Glad Milkis was able to balance the flavors. By the way, if you’ve tried drinking Magkeolli 막걸리 (Korean rice wine), they look the same. You can troll someone with Milkis, make them think that you’re handing them a bowl of Makgeolli.

K-rating: 3 / 5... unique but not exceptional.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?